- Morrie Backun, Dir. of Backun Musical Enterprises.
- Mark O'Brien, Principal Bass Clarinet & Sax CBSO
- Frank van den Brink, Dutch Radio Symphony Orchestra
- Tony Coe, the UK's most celebrated Jazz Clarinettist & Sax player, famous for the original "Pink Panther" title track.
- Alan Hacker, International Clarinet Soloist and conductor.
- Frank Laidlaw, USA Jazz clarinettist.
- Tony Lamb, Principal Clarinet ENO.
- Michael Marcus, New York Jazz clarinettist.
- James Meldrum, Philharmonia Orchestra
- Joseph Pasewicz, Principal Eb Clarinet SNO
- Jo Patton, Principal Eb Clarinet CBSO,
- Ed Pillinger. Proprietor of Pillinger m'pieces.
- Martin Robertson. London free-lancer and Prof of Sax at the RCM.
- Ramon Wodkowski, .Free-lancer & proprietor of Wodkowski m'pieces.
- BOURNENOUTH SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
- NORTHERN SINFONIA ORCHESTRA
At Clarinets Direct our aim is to provide the advancing player with a quality or special alternative to the full price new professional instruments to be found at main dealers. We can offer exceptional value by being primarily a web based business but at the same time we do not expect customers to buy without testing instruments. We are therefore happy to welcome potential purchasers. Please 'phone or e-mail for an appointment! Clarinets Direct is based near Osterley Park, SW London. The closest tube is Osterley on the Piccadilly line [4 mins walk] which is approximately 1/2 an hr by underground train from Central London, and 15 mins from London Heathrow airport. If travelling by car we are just off the A4, Great West Road, which is easily reached via the M4 or M25. Parking is free, the area is not zoned or metered.
We use our buying expertise to find rare and valuable instruments which are prepared to showroom condition by our own repairman. Most instruments are sold after a complete overhaul or reconditioning and work is guaranteed for 12 months.
We try to offer a specialised service for the discerning amateur or professional player and can also supply fine American mouthpieces by makers such as Ralph Morgan. A good mouthpiece is essential to enhance the performance of your chosen clarinet, a fact which is not always brought to your attention when you purchase from the high street.
Alex Allen, owner, is a free-lance player and respected teacher at the Royal College of Music and Surrey University. He has many years experience of playing clarinet and has at one time or another used instruments made by every major mass producer. At Clarinets Direct we have decided to concentrate on Buffet Crampon: the acknowledged world market leader.
Why buy from us? We supply vintage, quality, clarinets which will appreciate not depreciate in value, unlike the mass produced volume plastic market. Therefore our clarinets represent an investment as well as being beautiful sounding musical instruments.
Please click on links above to view current stock.